Types of Internal Floating Roofs
1. Pontoon Aluminum IFR type- an aluminum pontoon IFR is the most economical type IFR available in the marketplace today with typical payback of less than one year.
2. "HC" full contact IFR type- a HC IFR is most price competitive when compare with steel designs and does not require a hydrotest per API recommendations. And, because it is pre-fabricated, quality control is maximized and installation is completed in less than one third of the time.
3. Hybrid SS/aluminum pontoon type-this IFR was developed for products which may be corrosive to aluminum in the liquid phase. This IFR is the same basic design as the Aluminum skin and pontoon IFR except that all submerged components are constructed of stainless steel.
4. Stainless Steel IFR type- this type was developed for products whcih may be corrosive to aluminum in the liquid phase. Same design as the all aluminum IFR, but made with all SS components.
5. Cable suspended IFR type-because of the benefits of cable suspension systems, leg-supported internal aluminum floating roofs are becoming obsolete. Most owner now recognize the benefits of cable suspending their aluminum IFR's.